Cable Hang-Off System
Product reference: VPI HOS
The VPI Hang-Off System is a highly efficient cable hang-off system designed for securing medium and high voltage power cables to the top of a foundation/cable deck of a monopile, jacket or rig. The VPI HOS utilises both temporary and permanent hang-off clamps that are both operated independently, separating cable operations. Load tests have been witnessed by Germanischer Lloyd for the VPI hang-off system, conforming to functionality and adhering to operation requirements for offshore wind farm projects.
Installation in under 1 hour
A benefit of using the VPI HOS is that installation times are kept to a minimum. On average to install the temporary hang-off clamps takes approximately 45 minutes. Even for inexperienced users who have attended our ‘training days’, they are able to install the temporary hang-off clamps in under 1 hour.
Redesigned 2nd Generation hang-off
VPI have identified that quality along with speed is a factor during the installation phases and our current VPI HOS 2.1 is the latest Hang-off that we have designed throughout the years. From this latest generation of the VPI HOS, our hang-offs have undergone many innovations, tests and design changes to coincide with the changes in the market demands and further improving our systems.
- Fast and efficient assembly times due to the split design
- Independently operated temporary and permanent hang-off clamps
- Temporary clamp can be easily released once cable is secured with permanent hang off
- Off the shelf hang-off body’s, ranging from Small to XL to cover all cable manufacturer diameters
- Off the shelf/bespoke hang-off temporary clamps to cover all cable manufacturer diameters
- Project based implementation / meeting the technical & functional requirements
- Corrosion protection with innovative surface treatment
- Earthing connection
- Proven sealing option up to 2 bar
- Assembly/Installation/Sealing Tests can be performed at VPI’s testing facility
- Packing in accordance with the project requirements
- Hot Dip Galvanizing according to ISO 1461
- Paint System according to ISO 12944-2
- Paint System according to NORSOK 501 – System 1 and System 6
- Others available on request
For more information on our Cable Hang-Off System – VPI HOS, please contact the team via email@example.com