Cable Protection System
Product reference: VPI CPS
The VPI Cable protection system has been developed over the past 30 years and consists of two primary products – the VPI CIS (Cast Iron Shell) and VPI HPS (Hybrid Protection Shell). The VPI CIS is utilised for the cable in contact with the sea bed and the VPI HPS is utilised for the free span areas leading into the monopile. The VPI CIS (also known as Articulated Pipes within the industry) is casted from cast iron half shells whereas the VPI HPS is formed using the cast iron half shells along with an outer polyurethane shell, to provide extra corrosion protection around the free span areas.
Protection and stabilisation of subsea cables
The articulated pipes serve to protect and stabilise subsea power and telecom cables. The VPI CPS has been tested extensively with the system providing strong and reliable interlocking mechanisms, resulting in faster assembly without the use of nuts and bolts. The VPI CPS also provides bend restriction and impact protection.
- Easy handling, fast and efficient assembly
- Does not require bolting due to the innovative interlocking design
- Built in bend restriction (MBR is adaptable in accordance with project design)
- Increase of dynamic stability by means of added weight for high energy locations
- Avoids abrasion of the cable
- Protection in free span areas
- Supports rock dumping
- Environment friendly material – No special permits required
The ductile cast iron articulated pipes are certified with the appropriate chemical and mechanical properties which are fully traceable.
For more information on our Cable Protection System – VPI CPS, please contact the team via firstname.lastname@example.org